The QS Asia-Pacific Professional Leaders in Education (QS-APPLE) is the oldest Asia-Pacific international higher education conference and exhibition, with its first edition being held in Singapore in August 2005. The objective of QS-APPLE is to create an inclusive platform where all voices from the Asia-Pacific and beyond can be heard; thereby accelerating the advancement of higher education in the Asia-Pacific region.
This year, the conference will be held in Seoul, the global city of South Korea that houses the headquarters for some of the world’s largest corporations. It is also the centre of South Korea’s economy, culture and politics. The nation is also widely known as one of the four “Asian Tiger” economies, with an economy based on its rapid expansion in the area of education, technology and tourism. The QS-APPLE 2018 is co-hosted by Chung-Ang University, a Korean higher education institution that has taken a leading role in nurturing intellectuals of the nation.
QS-APPLE has established itself as the key higher education conference and exhibition that not only enhances the internationalisation of universities in the Asia-Pacific; but also brings the richness of Asia-Pacific’s contribution to the global international education. QS-APPLE aims to be a global common for knowledge sharing, discussions and debate, and facilitating international professional networking and collaboration. This intriguing event allows higher education professionals to gain an in-depth understanding of the various research findings and/or challenges encountered by institutions, especially those in the Asia-Pacific region. In addition, the QS Squared Debate session helps bring together the world’s brightest minds, providing them with a dynamic space for the exchange of big, innovative ideas and to rethink the future of global higher education.
Lastly, QS-APPLE acts as an excellent platform for professional networking purposes, particularly through the QS Hub – Exhibition. It is a place that allows participants to engage and network with international representatives, and possibly establish partnerships between universities.
21-23 November 2018
Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Korea
Our programmes are constantly designed to have maximum international representation and address various concerns of global significance. We have planned the sessions and themes to rectify compelling global challenges, with a singular objective of promoting international higher education and research.
The exciting highlights at QS-APPLE 2018 include:
- Parallel sessions – featuring general and specific aspects of international higher education
- Plenary sessions – with keynote addresses by leading authorities on higher education
- QS Squared Debate – exciting, interactive engagement of the academia for the better understanding of higher education concepts
- Exhibition – leading universities and other higher education institutions from around the world showcasing their institutions and programmes
- Creative Awards – for best international education promotional design in four categories
- Vibrant social programme – comprising ice-breaking reception, conference dinner and closing lunch during the three conference days, for more relaxed networking
QS-APPLE is designed for senior and middle-ranking academics, educators and administrators from universities and colleges around the world who aspire to advance the international success of their institutions and students.
- Early-bird offer ends – 30 July 2018
- Online registration closes – 15 November 2018
- Pre-registration and Booth Setup – 20 November 2018
- Conference / Exhibition Days – 21 November 2018 to 23 November 2018
* The dates above are tentative and may be subjected to changes.